Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gap filled in by ancient will

In chapter 6 of the initial version of my monograph, presenting an ancestral line back to King John, I indicated the existence of a small 18th-century documentary gap concerning the descent from John Latton of Walton-on-Thames [1643-1727] down to Henry Latton [1737-1798], the vicar of Woodhorn who was apparently murdered while riding back from the horse races at Newbiggin-by-the-Sea. While this gap did not weaken the validity of my presentation of our ancestral line back to the monarch who signed the Magna Carta, it was annoying. Fortunately, my retrieval of the will of the above-mentioned John Latton provides precious data that fills in the gap.

This information will soon be reflected in a new version of chapter 6. Meanwhile, the will itself is available on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment